Looking for Food Low Price
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Levi's Men's 550 Relaxed Fit Jean
The Original Sweet Belgian Waffle (7 Waffles, 35 Oz) EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 4:46 am by title

» Apple iPhone 3G Stylus Pen (Silver)
The Original Sweet Belgian Waffle (7 Waffles, 35 Oz) EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 4:41 am by title

» Russian Blini, Hand Made Canape - 36 pcs
The Original Sweet Belgian Waffle (7 Waffles, 35 Oz) EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 11:06 pm by p_aos

» Russian Classic Osetra Caviar - 16.00 oz. / 454 gr. (Free Overnight Shipping!)
The Original Sweet Belgian Waffle (7 Waffles, 35 Oz) EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 11:06 pm by p_aos

» Russian Classic Osetra Caviar - 16.00 oz. / 454 gr. (Free Overnight Shipping!)
The Original Sweet Belgian Waffle (7 Waffles, 35 Oz) EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 11:05 pm by p_aos

» Russian Classic Osetra Caviar - 14.00 oz. / 400 gr. (Free Overnight Shipping!)
The Original Sweet Belgian Waffle (7 Waffles, 35 Oz) EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 11:05 pm by p_aos

» Russian Blini, Hand Made Canape - 6 pcs
The Original Sweet Belgian Waffle (7 Waffles, 35 Oz) EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 11:04 pm by p_aos

» Russian Blini, Hand Made Canape - 12 pcs
The Original Sweet Belgian Waffle (7 Waffles, 35 Oz) EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 11:03 pm by p_aos

» Russian Classic Osetra Caviar - 1.00 oz. / 28.0 gr. (Only $9.95 Overnight Shipping!)
The Original Sweet Belgian Waffle (7 Waffles, 35 Oz) EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 11:03 pm by p_aos

Keywords

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Looking for Everything Low Price on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Looking for Food Low Price on your social bookmarking website

The Original Sweet Belgian Waffle (7 Waffles, 35 Oz)

Go down

The Original Sweet Belgian Waffle (7 Waffles, 35 Oz) Empty The Original Sweet Belgian Waffle (7 Waffles, 35 Oz)

Post  sarinalich Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:22 pm

The Original Sweet Belgian Waffle (7 Waffles, 35 Oz)
The Original Sweet Belgian Waffle (7 Waffles, 35 Oz) 515611KXJ8L._SL210_

This day I'll introduce you about The Original Sweet Belgian Waffle (7 Waffles, 35 Oz) from amazon website you can see now
Customer Shopping BuZZ

Not what I expectedThe Original Sweet Belgian Waffle (7 Waffles, 35 Oz) Star20_tpng
Having been to Belgium earlier this year, I enjoyed tasting their local waffles, especially from Belgaufre, a local waffle chain. Their waffles were soft and chewy, and not too sweet. Instead of having sugar throughout the dough mix, they have clumps of sugar, what they call pearl sugar, mixed in. Once the waffle comes out of the waffle iron, the sugar on the outside has caramelized and become crispy, while the sugar inside has become soft and gooey. It's really a tasty treat by itself, but you can get them with whipped cream, strawberries, chocolate etc.

Anyways, my friend's birthday was coming up, and he has a sweet tooth. When I came back from Europe, I had some similar waffles I had picked up from a grocery store in Amsterdam, and he really enjoyed those. So, I thought if I could get some more waffles, he would really enjoy it.

I found these waffles listed on Amazon, and from the pictures and the ingredients listed (especially the pearl sugar) I thought I would be getting the same type of waffle I had in Belgium.

(I'll skip the part where my first order did not come because the owner was out of the country, completely missing my friend's birthday.)

When I finally did receive my order, I opened the box and saw 14 waffles, individually wrapped in tough plastic food storage bags, and that was it. No foam peanuts, no shredded paper, no padding of any kind to protect the waffles from damage. Not good.

Upon further inspection, some of the storage bags, which had been apparently heat sealed, were not sealed properly, thus being exposed during the entire shipping process. Not good.

I then tasted one waffle, thought something was wrong, then tasted another to be sure. All of them turned out to be extremely dry, crumbly, falling apart. They looked like good Belgian waffles, but the taste was all wrong. Either the cooking process needs work, or they need to find a better way to ship them without losing so much moisture, if it was there in the first place!

If you plan to smother these with whipped cream, chocolate, ice cream, etc, you may not notice how extremely dry these are. But if you look forward to enjoying the taste and texture of it plain, you will be very disappointed, as I was.

I contacted the seller and let him know of my complaint. I wanted a refund, but he insisted his product was good, and offered to send another batch of waffles.

When I finally received the 2nd batch, it was basically a repeat of the first one. This time, the box had some crushed paper for padding, but not really what you would expect for a "proper" packing job. Instead of having the waffles wrapped in the hard plastic storage bags, they were wrapped this time in plain plastic wrap (i.e. Saran wrap). This is not a proper seal for food items. It might be ok for taking cookies over to Grandma's for sunday brunch, but not for shipping food from one side of the country to the other. I even found an insect crawling inside the saran wrap for one waffle! Yuck!

Being brave enough to taste some of the waffles, it was the same as the first batch. Very dry, crumbly, falling apart. Even heating them in the toaster oven did not help much.

This seller needs to improve the product, the product packaging, as well as the product packing to come up to the level people expect from mail order businesses. They also need to improve the customer service, in terms of responding quickly to new orders as well as responding to questions on existing orders.

If you are thinking about this product, I suggest you keep searching. There are other alternatives out there.
About The Original Sweet Belgian Waffle (7 Waffles, 35 Oz) detail

• Amazon Sales Rank: #40333 in Gourmet Food
  • Size: 35 oz
  • Brand: rh99-international.dotcom
  • Ingredients: Ingredients dough mix: Wheat flour, Sugar, Wheat starch, Vegetable fat, Corn flour, Soya flour, Salt, Whole egg yolk powder, Butter, Vanilla, Milk powder Other ingredients: Pearl Sugar (this type of sugar can only be made in Belgium and without it you can not make sweet Belgian waffles. Through this you can distinguish real sweet Belgian waffles from the fake ones) Filtered water (we use filtered water to provide the best quality possible) Yeast

Features

• Original sweet Belgian waffle (=liège waffle)
  • Made in Belgium, conform a long tradition of inheritance from father to son for over 60 years
  • 7 waffles, net weight 35 oz
  • Individually wrapped to provide the best taste
  • Made with pearl sugar, the only sugar for the real original sweet Belgian waffle

Product Description

The original sweet Belgian waffle is perfect at any moment, any time, any place. Because it already contains sugar, it is really delicious as it is. Of course, it can also be eaten with toppings like ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate (nutella), strawberries,... anything you want.[tr id=ourprice]
Amazon [td class=pricelabel]Price: [/td][td][/td][/tr]
The Original Sweet Belgian Waffle (7 Waffles, 35 Oz) Buycom

Source From cheappriceall-20
Have a COOL !
Cheers Tag : Sweet, The, Original

sarinalich

Back to top Go down